» What are you listening to?
Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:52 pm by Frostie Pie

» Pony Plushies ^^
Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:39 am by PumpkinSpice

» Anypony into punk?
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 pm by PumpkinSpice

» Cheerilee's Thousand - Cheerilee goes on some terrible, terrible dates
Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:38 pm by xjuggernaughtx

» Just an Equestria Roleplay - The Biggest Roleplay on the Forum - Anyone Welcome
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:28 pm by SoulKnight

Animating software needed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Animating software needed.

Post by Fluttershy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Note:This probably belongs in another section so if i have to, I'll move it to the appropriate topic.

I can't say for sure, but if i manage to get my hands (or should we refer to them as hooves? XD) on some animating equipment I might just try some animations. They obviously won't ALL be MLP related, but i would love to try. If anyone recommends an animation software, could you please link it for me? If everything goes well, you'll be seeing more posts here about my latest upload! Smile

Last edited by Fluttershy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)

Fluttershy
Equestrian Citizen

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/TripleWalkthroughs

Back to top Go down

Re: Animating software needed.

Post by Domo on Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Flash. One of the funnest programs I ever had. You probably heard of flash but if you haven't. Flash is pretty much used to do most animating and some web design on the web. Newgrounds is probably one of the biggest flash inspired sites on the web. I know youtube also uses flash in a lot of there web design. As for price it is extremely expensive($700 USD, 500 Euros, I know you live in the UK so this may be a little of) but it would be well worth it. You could probably buy an older, cheaper version off Amazon for about $199 for CS3 if I remember correctly(Which works just as good if you ask me. Just not all the luxury). Probably not fit for your budget but definitely something that would be worth saving up for if you want to get serious with animation.

Flash CS5.5

I should probably also note that there are free animating programs. The thing is they aren't as powerful as flash. They wont make an amazing animation but it will be a good stepping stone for you to see if you like animating or not. I'm not sure of any at the moment but a quick Google search should find you some.

Domo
Pony Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Animating software needed.

Post by Fluttershy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Domo wrote:Flash. One of the funnest programs I ever had. You probably heard of flash but if you haven't. Flash is pretty much used to do most animating and some web design on the web. Newgrounds is probably one of the biggest flash inspired sites on the web. I know youtube also uses flash in a lot of there web design. As for price it is extremely expensive($700 USD, 500 Euros, I know you live in the UK so this may be a little of) but it would be well worth it. You could probably buy an older, cheaper version off Amazon for about $199 for CS3 if I remember correctly(Which works just as good if you ask me. Just not all the luxury). Probably not fit for your budget but definitely something that would be worth saving up for if you want to get serious with animation.

I should probably also note that there are free animating programs. The thing is they aren't as powerful as flash. They wont make an amazing animation but it will be a good stepping stone for you to see if you like animating or not. I'm not sure of any at the moment but a quick Google search should find you some.

Thanks for recommending it. I don't exactly have money for it right now, but if i ever do get the money I plan on buying it ASAP

Fluttershy
Equestrian Citizen

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/TripleWalkthroughs

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top